Saturday 28 January 2012

We have all the curry!

Hey guys,
I (Hannah) just wanted to share a recipe which I found whilst browsing the web last week. Peanut butter chicken curry.
This is the picture from the website, unfortunately I didn't have my camera to hand.

I made this last night and it was delicious, it tasted like I'd been to the take away and the best part is it's effortless and simple to make.
All you need is:
  • 1 large onion peeled and roughly chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic peeled
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp curry paste such as balti or madras
  • 4 tbsp whole nut crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp tomato purée
  • 1 x 200g can chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp sultanas
  • 1 x 400g can coconut
  • about 400g cooked chicken shredded
  • 600ml chicken stock
Literally all you need to do is cook the onions and garlic, add the curry paste, tomato puree and peanut butter. Stir in the stock, tin tomatoes, coconut milk and sultanas. Then add the chicken and heat through for about five minutes before serving. Literally a one pot wonder.

I made a few amendments to my dish by adding some salt and pepper and a teaspoon of medium curry powder, that's the great things about curries you can make them as mild or as spicy as you like them. Whilst I was munching on my curry last night it reminded me of a korma with a slight hint of spicy.

If you are interested in making this dish the recipe is found on the Daily Mail link below:
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1243472/Recipe-Peanut-butter-chicken-curry.html#ixzz1kl2xBmMN

No comments:

Post a Comment