Well here it is so you can give it a try...
Moomin mouth-watering onion pie
50g Butter or margarine
1-2 Carrots (finely grated)
50g Plain flour (I used wholemeal because I think it tastes better)
50g Rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
For the filling:
3 Large onions (cut into strips)
1 tbsp oil
1 Egg (beaten)
120g Grated cheese (I used cheddar)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 225 °C
- Mix the butter and the grated carrot; this is better when the butter has been left at room temperature to go soft. Add the flour, rolled oats, baking powder and the salt and mix this to a smooth paste.
- Roll the pasty out, and with your hands press into a quiche dish so it covers the bottom and the edges.
- Pre-cook the pastry case for 5-10minutes until it's firm.
- Meanwhile lightly fry the onions in the oil until the onions are soft and translucent and not brown.
- In a bowl mix together the cream, the egg, the cheese and seasonings then add the onions.
- Pour the onion mixture into the pastry case and bake in the oven for 10-15minutes or until the surface has browned at 200°C.