Tuesday 29 May 2012

We have all the parties!

Like any girl I love going out and just dancing the night away, having a few drinks and gossiping with my friends. That was how this night was supposed to turn out. I love Bristol, especially for going out and thought that Laura's birthday would be like our student days.

I went out in Bristol for a friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago which I had been looking forward to for ages! It was going to be so nice to see all the girls again, since we all moved out of our student house I don't think we've all been together since, so this will be lovely occasion. Although this isn't how things turned out, one of my friends caught a sickness bug, and during the night everyone seemed to be falling out so most of them headed home about 1am. Me, Anthony and two of our friends stayed out but that was it. Why everyone fell out I have no idea! All in all despite the drama, I had a fantastic night, visited a few bars, one really rubbishy club and then hit the Cooler which is an 'indie' nightclub in the centre of Bristol, one of my favourites from my student days.

The Cooler night club and live music venue

If I knew I was going to end up in The Cooler I wouldn't have bothered with dressing up all nice, to wear jeans and Converse would have suited me just fine. I would have been able to perfect my dance moves, these days heals and dancing for me just isn't what it used to be. It's more like a close call in accident and emergency for a broken ankle.

The night for me went really well until we'd all had too much to drink, everyone got a bit crabby and Anthony told me off for pinching someone's bum, this was just a joke to make them think it was Josh who'd pinched their bottom. Anthony didn't see it like this at the time. It's all in the past now and we have just laughed about it since.

Josh, me and Anthony


I do feel I'm starting to get old though, we finally got in about 4:30am and had to drive home the next day, the next morning was horrific, I just couldn't move. My hangovers are getting much worse with my age. I've decided to stop drinking so much on nights out maybe add a few glasses of water just to ease the pain of the morning after. To this day I don't know if Laura enjoyed her birthday, in all fairness I didn't see her most of the night, maybe the next time she goes out everyone will get on and just stop arguing over nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment