Tuesday 15 May 2012

We have all the getaways!

I have been meaning to blog for ages! Admittedly I am two weeks late to blog about this particular subject. Anthony and I had been together for a year at the end of April and what better way to celebrate by going away for the weekend and sharing a bottle of bubbly and of course some steak, which of course I cooked. Nom nom nom...

We stayed in a little apartment which was attached to the owner's huge farm house and I mean huge! It was massive and the amount of land they had, you could have spent a day exploring their garden, it even had a brook running though it! They had the cutest little lambs too, they were pets of the owner as they needed to be bottle feed, they would come and bleat at our door, they were just too cute to shoo away. 

The Bridge over the brook to get to our apartment

North Wales was definitely not what I expected, I'd never been before, I only live twenty minutes from South Wales and I'm not going to lie, it's really not my favourite place to go and the accent goes straight through me (no offence to any Welsh people). The north was a complete contrast of this, hardly any Welsh accents to get on my nerves, the area was lovely, and extremely pretty.

We spent a day at the seaside which was amazing, really was my lucky day. They had a games arcade which is my weakness I spend so much money in them and hardly ever win anything. I really do get addicted, on the bright side though it wasn't all wasted I won Smurfette on a grab machine and won so many tickets I lost count but did win me a Hello Kitty mug. We also got some sweets and played on some of the video games in there and finished off with a coffee.

My Smurfette toy

We had some adventures in the mountains and ate at a really nice fancy-ish pub, the food was gorgeous. Although trying to find somewhere to eat on a Sunday afternoon was a total mission! I mean most pubs serve food all day don't they? Not in North Wales they don't, if you're a minute after 2:30pm, that's it no food for you. Don't worry we did eventually find somewhere to eat, we didn't starve.

The Mountains really were something I had never seen anything like it before in my life. It was beautiful, the pictures that we took just don't show how fantastic the view was. Despite the terrible wind and rain we braved it and it really was worth it, there are no words to describe how beautiful the view was.

Anthony fighting the wind and rain on the Mountains

The view, this picture really doesn't do it justice


Of course a well deserved coffee after freezing in
the mountains

All in all despite bad weather it was a lovely weekend and I wish we could have them more often but realistically with saving money for the future and my plans of moving out, they are few and far between. Maybe it's a good thing we don't do it every often as this way we can truly appreciate the time we have away without anyone bothering us. Our next trip we've got planned is to Somerset in September for a week and we've got a hot tub, I cannot wait, but until then it's just getting on with general life things. Obviously we'll do things on the weekends we do spend together. I would definitely recommend spending some time in North Wales though, really worth a visit, I've never seen anything like it ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment