As it was so lovely I thought I would share this recipe with you, so you too can enjoy this yummy dish!
Might not be the best looking dish ever but it tasted yummy
8 thick sausages, e.g. Cumberland
4tbsp sunflower oil
2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
250g (8oz) button mushrooms, quartered
2 x 295g can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
200ml (7fl oz) milk
For the topping:
150g (5oz) self-raising flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100g (3½ oz) butter, cubed
- Set the oven to 200°C (gas mark 6).
- Skin the sausages and cut each one into 3-4 pieces, and shape the portions into small balls.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add the balls of sausage meat to the pan and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, turning them occasionally until they start to brown. Add the quartered mushrooms to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Pour in the soup and milk, and stir to break down the soup as it may be very thick. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the topping: Tip the flour into a bowl and season it well. Rub in the butter until the mixture starts to bind together and forms a crumble texture.
- Divide the sausage and mushroom mixture between the ovenproof dishes. Scatter crumble topping over it. Put the dishes on a baking tray and place in the centre of the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is a light golden colour. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. (Not suitable for freezing).
This recipe and many others can be found on the Good to know recipes website.
Good to know recipes