Friday 10 February 2012

We have Brand new!

On Wednesday night I went to Bristol to see Brand new play with my bestest friend ever Josh. I it was so much fun, I've liked them for years and was mega hyped up to see them.

 Josh and I

Brand new

The set list was well done with all the faster songs in the middle and the slower songs towards the end, the perfect opportunity to cool down. It was so damn hot in there!
  1. Welcome to Bangkok
  2. The Archers Bows Have Broken
  3. Millstone
  4. Sowing Season
  5. Vices
  6. Gasoline
  7. Sink
  8. Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades
  9. Okay I Believe You, but My Tommy Gun Don't
  10. The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
  11. Me vs. Maradona vs. Elvis
  12. Jude Law and a Semester Abroad
  13. Seventy Times 7
  14. Play Crack the Sky
  15. Bought a Bride
  16. Jesus
  17. Degausser
  18. You Won't Know
It was a pretty long set not surprising with the amount of songs they actually have! I enjoyed the fact that it wasn't all tracks from the latest album as a bit of variety is often appreciated. As much as I like the latest album I don't feel it's their best material but then saying this I don't think I could pin point a favorite as they are all quite different in their own way. The band have a pretty steady fan base, this is most probably due to the fact that each album is different although they all have subtle changes unlike bands such as Taking back Sunday who just suddenly turned into a pop group over night! This could also be argued against bands that don't change their style and just get boring such as the Subways.

Me and Josh after a mosh and a dance, sweaty!
The atmosphere was great, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the energy in the room was flowing. I can't decide which song I would rate as my favorite as I like all of them, which I stated whenever another song began to play (so typical of me).  I thought that the gig would be a lot rougher than what it actually was as live music always sounds heavier, but then I remembered that it would be full of emo's and they like to stand around not really doing much, although the people who were up for a dance and maybe a little moshing were really into it and not too cool to do so.      

      
 All in all was a fantastic night with some great tunes and great company! Definitely worth the wait as I had waited since August, and the aches and pains yesterday were worth it too. I felt like an old woman, my back, neck, arms and legs were hurting, maybe I am getting to old but let's be honest it's not going to stop me, it's nothing that a bit of paracetamol can't sort out. The train journey to Anthony's yesterday was hell, I was so tired, had hardly any sleep by the time I got home and relaxed it was nearly 3am. I did indulge in a lush cheese sandwich when I got in, was well deserved think I lost about 3lbs just in the mosh pit. I am now deaf and my ears are still ringing but it was all worth it.

I'll leave you with a bit of Brand new to listen to :)

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment